The Arty Birnbaum Scholarship
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICATIONS:
GREATER BOCA YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATION
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICATIONS
The Greater Boca Youth Soccer Association (GBYSA / Boca United F.C./ SFFA):
Applicant must complete application in full and return by DEADLINE with all supporting documents
The Arty Birnbaum Scholarship will be awarded to Two (2) High School Seniors (1 Boy and 1 Girl) who have excelled in academics and have been an active participant in the GBYSA/ Boca United F.C. Soccer programs. In the event that there are no applicants from a specific gender two scholarships will be awarded to the same gender.
A check in the amount of $500.00 made payable to the educational institution of the winner’s choice will be presented at the high school’s awards ceremony if possible.
Application must be submitted by April 5, 2023
In order to qualify, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Participated in a GBYSA /BOCA UNITED F.C./ SFFA sponsored program for a minimum of three (3) consecutive years immediately prior to their sophomore year of high school.
- Be a high school senior in an accredited school public or private school.
- Have a G.P.A. of 2.75 or higher.
- Been accepted to an accredited school
- Submit an official transcript.
- Submit one (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher or school official.
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation from a athletic coach, employer, clergy, community service organization, or community leader.
A 450-500 word essay, double spaced, type written using 8 1/2″ x 11″ white paper only.
Do not place your name on the essay page.
Essay Topic for The Arty Birnbaum Scholarship: Playing in the GBYSA/ Boca United F.C. Soccer/ SFFA programs taught me….
Each Application Entry must include completed application, transcript, letters of recommendation and essay. SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATION, INCLUDING ALL DOCUMENTATION, TO: GBYSA 8165 Severn Drive, APT D, Boca Raton, FL. 33433. APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNLESS COMPLETE. PLEASE DO NOT SEND MATERIALS SEPARATELY. ALL ESSAYS SUBMITTED, INCLUDING THE WINNING ESSAYS, BECOME THE PROPERTY OF GBYSA.